Central Coast Picnic Train
Maitland–Woy Woy (One Way)
Friday, 26 November 2021
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to travel on The Picnic Train™ on ‘The Short North’ as we head for Sydney for our Kiama Picnic Trains.
Travel behind Baldwin steam locomotive 5917 on our transfer train from Maitland or Broadmeadow to Gosford or Woy Woy ONE-WAY
Our transfer train will depart from Maitland heading along the Hunter Valley coal lines to our second pick up stop at Broadmeadow. We will then head along the 'Short North' between Broadmeadow and Gosford.
This route was one of the last strong-holds for steam engines in the early 1970s — an area where the 59 Class was very prominent.
Our first set-down stop is Gosford, shortly followed by Woy Woy. Both of these locations have regular Sydney Trains services returning to the Hunter region (Sydney Trains tickets need to be purchased separately).
Unfortunately we cannot offer passage beyond Woy Woy.
There is strictly limited seating available in open-windowed compartment style carriages.
Fares: Single Tickets
Please Note: All fares are for Picnic Train tickets only. Sydney Trains / Trainlink fares not included.
Adult (One Way) - $50
Child (One Way) - $30
Timetable: Approximate Times
(to be confirmed the a week from the tour)
Picking up from
Maitland (Platform 3) - dep 2:45 pm
Broadmeadow (Platform 1) - dep 3:20pm
Dropping of at
Gosford - arr 5:15 pm
Woy Woy - arr 5:25 pm
*Preliminary times only. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. An update email will be sent to the ticket booking a couple of days prior to the event with final trip details.
Enjoy your trip from open-windowed compartment style carriages
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and inline with the governments regulations the Buffet car will not be added to this trip. We encourage passengers to bring their own picnic hampers.
BYO alcohol is allowed, however, large eskys will not be permitted
Toilets are available in all carriages and will be locked off while in metropolitan areas.
There are no charging points on the heritage equipment. It is recommended that you bring an external battery charger for your mobile devices.
COVID-19 Condition of Travel:
• All passengers aged 16 or over will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated (or have an exemption) by the date of this tour. COVID-Safe check-ins using the QR code provided and proof of vaccination will be required for all staff and customers. Passengers will be refused boarding if evidence can not be supplied.
• Face masks must be worn while boarding/alighting and moving around the train.
• Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as practical
• If a passenger is experiencing COVID symptoms prior to travel, they must not travel, even if fully vaccinated.
• Other COVID-19 restrictions may be implemented on the day depending on current alert level.
• Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant.