Dungog Picnic Train
This event is now SOLD OUT
Sunday, 21 November 2021
(Two trips departing Maitland)
Travel behind steam locomotive 5917 on a short journey up the picturesque North Coast line from Maitland to Dungog (return) on Sunday, 21 November 2021.
The 59 Class 2-8-2 steam locomotives were used on the North Coast line by the NSW Government Railways up until the end of steam on the line in 1968.
We have ticketing options available encompassing NSW Covid-Safe regulations.
The town centre is a short walk from Dungog Railway Station and you will have time to check out this delightful country town before the return trip to Maitland.
Ticketing options all encompass NSW Covid-Safe regulations and are perfect for couples, small groups and families.
Please note COVID-19 Conditions of Travel before booking.
For more information on the destination, please visit www.aussietowns.com.au/town/ dungog-nsw
Please Note: All fares are for same-day return travel.
Private Compartment — $200 per group
Enjoy the benefit of an entire closed-off compartment to yourselves — great for families and social groups!
One booking is good for up to a maximum of four (4) people (max 6 from the same household ‘bubble’).
First Class Duo — $140 for two people
First Class seating for two people. Two Window seats in a spacious booth with table.
Full Carriage Hire — Call for Quote
Maitland - dep 8:25 am
Dungog - arr 9:45 am
Dungog - dep 11:00 am
Maitland - arr 11:55 am
Maitland - dep 1:45 pm
Dungog - arr 4:00 pm
Dungog - dep 5:00pm
Maitland - arr 6:45 pm
*Preliminary times only. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. An update email will be sent to the ticket booking a couple of days prior to the event with final trip details.
View the spectacular scenery in First Class Duo
Enjoy your own space in a Private Compartment
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and inline with the governments regulations the Buffet car will not be added to this trip. We encourage passengers to bring their own picnic hampers.
BYO alcohol is allowed, however, large eskys will not be permitted
Toilets are available in all carriages and will be locked off while in metropolitan areas.
There are no charging points on the heritage equipment. It is recommended that you bring an external battery charger for your mobile devices.
COVID-19 Condition of Travel:
• All passengers aged 16 or over will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated (or have an exemption) by the date of this tour. COVID-Safe check-ins using the QR code provided and proof of vaccination will be required for all staff and customers. Passengers will be refused boarding if evidence can not be supplied.
• Face masks must be worn while boarding/alighting and moving around the train.
• Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as practical
• If a passenger is experiencing COVID symptoms prior to travel, they must not travel, even if fully vaccinated.
• Other COVID-19 restrictions may be implemented on the day depending on current alert level.
• Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant.