North West Zephyr
Maitland – Werris Creek (return)
Saturday, 29 January 2022
Ride behind classic diesel-electric motive power from Maitland to Werris Creek (return) as we speed through the Hunter Valley in style on the North West Zephyr. The train will utilise a CLF Class — one of the last of these vintage streamliners built.
Setting off from Maitland Railway Station, the train will also make stops to pick up at Singleton and Muswellbrook, stopping to drop off at Murrurundi and Quirindi before continuing to Werris Creek.
Ticketing options all encompass NSW Covid-Safe regulations and are perfect for couples, small groups and families.
The train will be in Werris Creek for approximately two hours. While there, be sure to check out the heritage listed railway station and the Australian Railway Monument and Rail Journeys Museum located within the station precinct.
Fare options include the Zephyr Lounge cars, Private Compartments (great for extended families or social groups), Duo seating for two, plus family seating. You also have the option of hiring an entire carriage!
Please note COVID-19 Conditions of Travel before booking.
Please Note: All fares are for same-day return travel.
Private Compartment — $500 per group
Enjoy the benefit of an entire closed-off compartment to yourselves — great for families and social groups!
One booking is good for up to four (4) people (max 6 from the same contact ‘bubble’).
Classic Duo — $250 for two people
Classic opening-window carriage seating for two people. Two Window seats in a spacious booth with table.
Family Air-Con — $300 for a family of four
Air-conditioned carriage with seating for a family of four.
Zephyr Lounge — $150 per person
Sit back and enjoy the countryside roll by in an air-conditioned lounge carriage with bar service.
Full Carriage Hire — Call for Quote
Maitland — dep 9.25am
Singleton — dep 10.10am
Muswellbrook — dep 10.55am
Murrurundi — arr 12.25pm
Quirindi — arr 1.30pm
Werris Creek — arr 1.45pm
Werris Creek — dep 3.55pm
Quirindi — dep 4.15pm
Murrurundi — dep 5.20pm
Muswellbrook — arr 6.20pm
Singleton — arr 7.25am
Maitland — arr 8.15pm
*Preliminary times only. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. An update email will be sent to the ticket booking a couple of days prior to the event with final trip details.
View the spectacular scenery in First Class Duo
Enjoy your own space in a Private Compartment
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and inline with the governments regulations the Buffet car will not be added to this trip. We encourage passengers to bring their own picnic hampers.
BYO alcohol is allowed, however, large eskys will not be permitted
Toilets are available in all carriages and will be locked off while in metropolitan areas.
There are no charging points on the heritage equipment. It is recommended that you bring an external battery charger for your mobile devices.
COVID-19 Condition of Travel:
• All passengers aged 16 or over will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated (or have an exemption) by the date of this tour. COVID-Safe check-ins using the QR code provided and proof of vaccination will be required for all staff and customers. Passengers will be refused boarding if evidence can not be supplied.
• Face masks must be worn while boarding/alighting and moving around the train.
• Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as practical
• If a passenger is experiencing COVID symptoms prior to travel, they must not travel, even if fully vaccinated.
• Other COVID-19 restrictions may be implemented on the day depending on current alert level.
• Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant.